Facilities and Roadways Manager
Closing Date: Continuous
Full Time Position/Non-Remote
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick accrued time, Florida Retirement System, and more.
The Facilities & Roadway Manager is responsible for working with GMX staff as well as consultants, contractors and outside agencies, to provide a skilled level of oversight and inspection of facilities and roadway maintenance and inspection activities on the GMX system. In addition to having the primary responsibility for facility maintenance and property management oversight, the Facility & Roadway Manager will assist the Manager of Operations and Maintenance in performing extensive assessments of existing roadway conditions including signage, lighting, landscaping, striping, drainage and guardrails in order to identify potential projects related to the improvement of roadway safety for commuters and enhancement of system aesthetics. This position also has the responsibility of providing quality assurance and quality control for facility and roadway maintenance performed.
Required Education & Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in building construction, inspection, and/or management is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other related field preferred.
- Five (5) years’ experience working in facility maintenance and/or roadway inspection preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of facility maintenance, building maintenance and roadway maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of methods and techniques used in the Building and roadway maintenance programs.
- Thorough knowledge of Florida Department of Transportation Maintenance of Traffic scenarios.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions related to roadway and facility maintenance work.
- Knowledge of quality assurance/quality control programs.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Analyze project recommendations and develop work priorities and schedules.
- Ability to direct and coordinate field operations and inspections.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Conducts inspections of GMX facilities and roadways to develop deficiency list; identify work needs, coordinates with maintenance contractor field personnel, GMX staff, GMX Tolls personnel, GMX General Consultants and outside agencies;
- Conducts quality control/quality assurance inspections on completed maintenance work, ensures maintenance and repairs are performed with minimal disruption and to the appropriate standards;
- Develops draft project scopes, in an effort to enhance level of service and efficiency and consequently negotiating with contractors for the additional work cost and time;
- Assists in the development, coordination and administration of Capital projects as they relate to facility maintenance including, but not limited to, performing review on various phases of new projects;
- Develops scopes for procurement of services as needed for facility maintenance contracts;
- Interacts as needed with representatives of regulatory agencies (Fire Marshall, Building and Zoning, etc.);
- Monitors contractor to assure all project modalities and permits are compliant;
- Assists in the development of the annual inspection report;
- Assists in the development, coordination and administration of Work Orders as they relate to facility and roadway maintenance;
- Oversees and monitors the contractor’s development and maintenance of the Facilities Characteristics Inventory;
- Attends semi-final and final walk through of construction and maintenance projects;
- Reviews and approves invoices, as necessary, on a monthly basis;
- Tracks and manages assigned facilities and maintenance budgets;
- Attends meetings as required;
- Performs other duties as necessary
- No subordinate staff, but will monitor any work performed by contractors and will provide direction and guidance as needed.
Special Requirements, Licenses & Certifications
- Possession of valid Florida Driver’s License and ability to maintain a safe driving record in order to operate GMX vehicles for business purposes.
Salary: Annual Salary Range: $105,000 - $115,000
Contact: email@example.comApply Now!