HR Manager and ADA Coordinator
Closing Date: Continuous
Full Time Position/Non-Remote
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick accrued time, Florida Retirement System, and more.
The HR Manager and ADA Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all administrative activities related to the Agency’s personnel, as well as ensuring Agency’s compliance with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA). Duties include developing recruitment strategies; administering payroll, staff benefits, performance program, and onboarding of employees; as well as enforcing the Agency’s policies and procedures. When appropriate, the HR Manager and ADA Coordinator must recommend changes to policies and procedures to assist in the efficient operations of the HR Department. This position requires the ability to build effective working relationships with GMX employees as a trusted confidential advisor. The HR Manager and ADA Coordinator reports to the Director of Administration.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, labor relations, organizational development, business or business administration, public administration, or related field; and
- Minimum of five (5) years of responsible professional experience to include management, human resources, or related field, preferably in government; and
- An equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities for this position may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all organizational levels.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, integrity, and to provide highly credible advice and leadership in all matters.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to provide sound advice and solve problems in a diverse client base on complex and sensitive issues.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of personnel processes.
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong working knowledge of problem solving.
- Ability to handle a variety of issues with tact and diplomacy in a confidential manner.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and detail-oriented.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the Agency’s ERP system (MUNIS).
- Plan, develop, implement, direct and evaluate the Agency’s human resource function and performance.
- Develop and implement annual Human Resources Plan in line with the Agency’s business plan and strategic objectives.
- Build strong relationships as trusted advisor to management and staff to understand their performance goals and needs.
- Monitor employment legislation developments, assess impact on the Agency, and develop policies to maintain legal compliance.
- Monitor ADA legislation developments and determine applicability to Agency and compliance.
- Serve as liaison between people with disability and the Agency.
- Ensure compliance with the Agency’s ADA Policy.
- Lead talent acquisition activities with responsibility for recruitment, proper staffing levels and succession planning; develop and manage selection process.
- Develop and implement compensation and benefit strategies and programs that are effective, internally equitable and competitive enough to attract and retain the talent needed to achieve organizational goals.
- Lead the Agency’s performance management program, including, but not limited to, the update and modification to performance appraisal tools and the timely administration of the performance appraisal process, ensuring that all elements being reviewed align properly to job descriptions and organizational goals and objectives.
- Create and manage the onboarding process to ensure that the employees are successfully integrated into new positions.
- Facilitate implementation of appropriate change management initiatives associated with organizational transition activities.
- Identify employee development needs; facilitate training; coordinate and document training as defined in goal setting and performance appraisal activities, or in independent training needs assessment; provide coaching and counseling to staff on HR issues.
- Manage the payroll process of the Agency.
- Two direct reports: HR Generalist & Grievance Coordinator and Receptionist/Office Assistant.
Special Requirements, Licenses and Certifications
- Possession of valid Florida Driver’s License and ability to maintain a safe driving record in order to occasionally operate GMX vehicles for business purposes.
Salary: Annual Salary Range: $90,000 - $115,000
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now!