Communications and Marketing Manager
Closing Date: Continuous
Full Time Position/Non-Remote
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, Paid Holidays, Vacation/Sick accrued time, Florida Retirement System, and more.
The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations involving media, community engagement, and public relations. This position is responsible for brand management and content distribution strategies, devising marketing strategies and programs to improve brand awareness, and crafting overall communication strategies. It is the responsibility of the Communications and Marketing Manager to ensure that all mediums of communications including, but not limited to, social media, newsletters, and press releases, align with GMX’s vision, mission, and policies with a consistent and cohesive message. The Communications and Marketing Manager reports to the Executive Director.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, or related field and
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in communications and marketing, preferably in government.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities for this position may be considered.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of the business principles and theories to implement plans to accomplish desired outcomes.
- Knowledge of advertising and publicity techniques, tools, resources, and social media activities.
- Knowledge of proper methods and techniques of researching, preparing, and disseminating public information.
- Knowledge of content platforms, social media blogs, Google ads, Search Engine Optimization, and a variety of presentation media and digital marketing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all organizational levels.
- Engages with a variety of community stakeholders and builds successful partnerships focused on providing creative, innovative solutions to promote GMX’s mission and vision.
- Positively manages issues and facilitates community participatory decision-making.
- Evaluates the best method of research and then exercises appropriate judgment in establishing priorities and resolving complex matters.
- Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with employees and all levels of management, including representatives from other departments, community stakeholders and partners, and other local, state organizations.
- Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, integrity, and to provide highly credible advice and leadership in all matters.
- Ability to provide sound advice and solve problems in a diverse client base on complex and sensitive issues.
- Excellent ability to communicate ideas and proposals effectively to diverse audiences, including preparing and presenting a wide variety of related community and public relations materials.
- Ability to handle a variety of issues with tact and diplomacy in a confidential manner.
- Excellent organization and project management skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and detail-oriented.
- Coordinates all communication activities for all areas of the Agency.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to develop a comprehensive and cohesive communications plan that aligns with the Agency’s current goals and priorities.
- Creatively markets GMX’s news and pitches stories to promote positive media coverage.
- Implements strategies to promote positive Agency image.
- Increase community awareness and engagement with the adopted GMX brand and keep the public informed.
- Disseminates press releases for key Agency initiatives.
- Responsible for the creation of an annual advertising and marketing plan.
- Responsible for leading a robust social media plan with proactive communications on social media channels and websites.
- Leads all social media, print, and digital advertising.
- Develops and implements local, regional and national advertising, marketing, and communication initiatives.
- Effectively manages content for GMX’s website.
- Provides leadership and guidance to internal professionals in the development of social media campaigns, messages, promotional materials, and related materials.
- Leads the implementation of GMX’s brand throughout all departments for internal and external communications.
- Monitors brand usage to ensure brand standards, graphics, communications, and community relations activities are met.
- Engages with GMX’s departments to encourage coordinated messaging and amplify marketing efforts and expenditures.
- Oversees media and public relations strategies.
- Manages the communications and marketing budget.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Participate in other duties as required.
- No subordinate staff.
Special Requirements, Licenses & Certifications
- Possession of valid Florida Driver’s License and ability to maintain a safe driving record in order to operate GMX vehicles for business purposes.
Salary: Annual Salary Range: $80,000 - $95,000
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgApply Now!